Valley Health System partners with the public schools of Winchester City, Clarke, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren counties along with Lord Fairfax Community College to promote interest and education in the health professions. Today’s high school student becomes tomorrow’s health professional engaged in exciting career pathways.
During the ONE WEEK Academy selected participants take a Student Development course (SDV101- college credit) at LFCC designed to assist students with transition from high school to college. Participants also engage in hands-on learning activities at Winchester Medical Center, Shenandoah University, and LFCC. Obtain a Health Science Academy application from your school counselors and submit by March 8. Selection of students announced April 5. Scholarships are available.
- Explore multiple roles in the health professions
- Introduce the hospital, college, and university settings
- Participate in teractive skills and activities
- Complete an LFCC college level course (1 credit)
- Explore the foundation needed for success with college level courses
- Have fun learing!